(1) In these rules:
- Director-General means the Director-General of the Department of Fair Trading.
- ordinary member means a member of the committee who is not an office-bearer of the association, as referred to in rule 16(2).
- secretary means:
(a) the person holding office under these rules as secretary of the association, or
(b) if no such person holds that office – the public officer of the association.
- special general meeting means a general meeting of the association other than an annual general meeting.
- the Act means the Associations Incorporation Act 1984.
- the Regulation means the Association’s Incorporation Regulation 1999.
(2) In these rules:
- (a) a reference to a function includes a reference to a power, authority and duty, and
- (b) a reference to the exercise of a function includes, if the function is a duty, a reference to the performance of the duty.
(3) The provisions of the Interpretation Act 1987 apply to and in respect of these rules in the same manner as those provisions would so apply if these rules were an instrument made under the Act.